Friendship


                I feel that most of us take friendship for granted. We just assume that everyone has friends, and our lives are nice when we’re with friends. Have you ever stopped to appreciate your friends and how much they do for you? Let me tell you a story.

                May 3rd, 2021, my best friend and her family moved to Wyoming. Ever since she had told me they were moving back in January I started to realize that I had never shown her how much she meant to me. So, I immediately got to work, I got together with some of her friends and made her a journal where all of us showed her how much she meant to us.  When she moved all I could think about was how I had never told her how amazing she was until she was taken away. It really made me realize how much I had taken her, and my other friends, for granted. Then not too long afterwards my dad preached at a neighboring church about appreciation. He told the church about a time were an elderly man who had meant a lot to my church passed away. He told the congregation about how after the man had died, he had realized that he had never told the man how much he appreciated him and his work. That got me thinking. We need to learn to TELL people how much we appreciate them before they are taken away from us.

                I know that I have an amazing group of friends who have supported me through a lot of stuff. Most of us probably have a friend, or friends, who have helped us through a lot, but have we ever told them how much they mean to us? Probably not. Gratitude is one thing that most of us forget about. Of course, we show our parents appreciation on Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, but our friends don’t get a ‘Friendship Appreciation Day’. My challenge for all of you is to go out and tell your friend(s) how much they mean to you. Please don’t wait until they are gone (In distance or they have passed away) to realize how much you appreciate them.

-Kessa 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lily's Testimony: Finding Joy in Grief

Advice for People Like Me

"My Battle Cry"